Sponsored By BridgeBlue, Karma on Devonshire and New Shalimar Spice and Movies (Nepalese Groceries)
Calling all little ones to open up to BIG imaginations of art!
Guthi Australia is organizing its first art competition with the aim of bringing out young talents, sharing knowledge of our culture to young minds and of course, to have a little fun. Competition is categorised according to 3 different age groups and participants from all over Australia that meet the stated criteria are accepted. Winners receive a cash prize of $100, $200 and $300 for the categories Up to grade 6, Up to grade 12 and Open – tertiary students and others respectively.
Here are some details on the competition:
- The theme of the art competition is: My Culture, My Identity, My Pride
- There are three categories for the competition:
- Up to grade 6
- Grades 6 to 12 and
- Open – tertiary students and others
- Parents submitting the children’s art work should ensure that all the competition guidelines are followed. No exceptions will be made if guidelines are not adhered to.
- All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
- One winner will be selected from each category. The winners will receive some great prizes.
- The entry fee for the competition is $10. This can be waived under exceptional circumstances.
For a waiver, please write to email@example.com@guthiaustralia.org specifying the reason and the Guthi Australia team will get back to you regarding the outcome.
- Each entry should submit an online application expression of interest and should make deposit of $10 into the Guthi Australia account:
Acc No: 362603
- Participants from all over Australia are welcome. However, participants from outside Australia are not eligible to participate.
- The competition will run for a month from the 1st of December 2009 to the 31st of December 2009. All entries must reach (by mail or can be dropped off) 3/27 Palace Street, Ashfield, NSW 2131 by the 31st of December. Entries received after this date cannot be accepted.
- An registration form must be filled and posted along with the artwork. The application form can be accessed online.
- The winner of each category will be determined by the 15th of January 2010. Winners will be announced by email and/or phone.
- The winning artworks will be on display on the Guthi Australia homepage until the 15th of February 2010.
- The winning artworks will be selected by a panel of three judges. All artworks will be coded to ensure anonymity.
For more information on the competition, please contact, one of the following members
- Zeevat Tuladhar firstname.lastname@example.org@gmail.com
- Bijana Manandhar email@example.com@yahoo.com
- Neelam Pradhananga firstname.lastname@example.org@guthiaustralia.org
- Guthi administration email@example.com@guthiaustralia.org